Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Final Project "Thoughts, Action, Memories"

At a young age my sister’s and I were victims of domestic violence. With the difficulties of raising three children a single parent struggled and accomplished a lot. With my sisters I love both equally, and miss both dearly. They are equally unique in many ways, but this story is about one sister.


“I remember this day, team pictures. I so glad you’re into sports sis. All those meets we had together. Early bus rides with long list of events... I miss you sis…”


“TRIPP” “Watch where you’re going Baba you almost fell”
“Hey, better watch your back sis!
“No You Watch Your Back BUB”
“…You hungry?”
“You want to make me an omelet?” 


“Hey sis, are you doing anything right now?”
“I have homework, but I don’t wanna do it”
“I’m kinda bored wanna shoot me with the paintball gun outside? We still have CO2 left”
“YEAH, let’s go!”


“Boo! Hey give me a piggy back ride”
“Hop on”
“Robin, Hadi yawe leave your brother alone”
“Awe… but ma”
“Don’t worry I won’t drop her. Whoa!
“Randy Koni
“I’m only joking”


“Sis, Good luck with your events today”
“Yeah you too Bubz!”
“Stretch before each event!”
“Yeah, Yeah I know coach!”
“Heh… Don’t you have friends”


“lala la lala la la!”
“puhh…”
“Gotcha”
“Watch out for my six-pack”
“Haha, what six-pack. More like no-pack”



BABA… I so tired”
“Come on get up we have to go”
“I can’t you have to carry me”
“Uhh! How about no!”
“Please”
“let go of my leg”
“Not until you carry me”
“Fine I’ll just drag you!”


“You know she doesn’t mean what she said. You shouldn’t let her get you down like this”
“I know that… it just hurts every time she says that to me”
“That’s just her and you know she’s never going to change. You just have to be strong and you’ll get through it… now you have to promise me when I’m gone you won’t do this again. I don’t want to have to worry about you all the time while I’m at school.
“I promise”
“Wipe those tears lets go inside” 


“I never really noticed, but I can see how it is true. I’m not going to stop her from dating… just you know, keep her away from certain kinds of assholes. ‘Break her heart and I break your neck.’  That would be pretty cool to say to her date someday. I just need to get more buff!”  


“Don’t worry sis I’ll be back soon. Maybe on holidays and I won’t miss your birthday.”
“You can’t go Baba, whose going to cook me breakfast in the morning.”
“I promise you can call me any time you want even if it 3 in the morning… don’t start crying, you’re going to make me cry”
“There’s something in my eye, I’m not crying”
“All this wind is making sand get in my eyes as well. I’m going to miss you sis” 




No comments:

Post a Comment